Monday, December 29, 2008

Winter Reading Challenge

Robin of My Two Blessings is hostessing the Winter Reading Challenge. I'm hoping that it's not too late to join in. I'm just now feeling the fog start to lift and am ready to read again.

Robin's challenge is easy for someone to participate in.

"The rules are very flexible:

1) Choose any number of books you would like to read and post them on your blog.

2) They can be fiction and/or nonfiction including e-books and audiobooks

3) They can overlap with other challenges.

4) Sign up on Mr. Linky. I'm still trying to figure out Mr. Linky so will let you guys post your links yourselves when you have your lists ready.

5) In a few days, I set up a link where you can post links to your book reviews"


I think I can handle that!!

The books I've put on my list for this winter are:

1....And Ladies of the Club by Helen Hooven Santemeyer I've read this book more than once before, but it is one of my favorites and it has been a few years. I'm looking forward to revisiting the wonderful ladies of Waynesboro.

2. A Light in the Window by Jan Karon Apparently I have a lot of catching up to do in Mitford! I loved getting to know these people.

3. Grim Tuesday (Keys to the Kingdom, Book 2) by Garth Nix I didn't think I would read the second installation after the first, but have changed my mind. This is a Young Adult book.

4. I Am Mordred: A Tale of Camelot by Nancy Springer Another Young Adult selection that I'm checking out to see if it is something I would like my oldest to read.

5. The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula Le Guin I really enjoyed A Wizard of Earthsea and have started this already.

6. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon It's been a long time since I visited Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser. It's time to go back.

7. Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller I've read this before and wanted to read it again for the Fall Into Reading Challenge, but didn't fit it in. I think it will be a good way to start the year.

8. When Mothers Pray by Cheri Fuller What more needs to be said?

9. The Fire Within by Chris D'Lacey My oldest has read this series and started to read it outloud to his brother (I was eavesdropping.) I think I'll check into it further.

10. The Restless Sea (Morland Dynasty) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles It's been a while since I've picked up a Morland Dynasty book. This is book number 27 of 31 (so far). This has been a fabulous series. I highly recommend it.

11. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë My neice is receiving this for Christmas from us, I read it eons ago, I'd like to read it again.

12. Eragon by Christopher Paolini I've had best of intentions to read this book for quite a while, quite a while, actually. And since two sequels are out now would be a good time.

13. The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper Always wanted to read this. Wish me luck.

14. I am already editing!! I forgot that I received Magi by Daniel L. Gilbert from a sweet friend and am going to be reading that right away. I was so surprised by this gift--it came with perfect timing.

I'll post full reviews here on my Reviews & Recipes blog and updates on Joyful Days.

Visit Robin and see who else is reading in the Winter Reading Challenge.

1 comment:

Robin M said...

Hi - I finally made it to your blog. Welcome to the challenge. You have a great list of books. I enjoyed Eragon, hope you do to.

Robin