Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Reading for Me

Finished in 2008

Fifty books for 2008. I'm happy with that. That is almost a book a week, although sometimes I admit to reading three in one week and no books in others. Oh well...such is the life of a homeschool mom.

Favorite book of 2008? I would have to say Miss Bishop by Beth Streeter Aldrich, followed very closely by Little Britches/Wild Country by Ralph Moody. They were books that I could recommend with confidence to anyone. They addressed the human condition. They were straightforward without being too simple or easy. They made me think. They made me cry. They made me laugh.

Best series of 2008? I am still wading through Cynthia Harrod-Eagles Morland Dynasty series, now 31 books strong. It is a vast historical account of England (and sometimes the United States) set in a fictional setting. I stumbled upon the books at the library in 2007--"just browsing," you know. And wound up purchasing several of the later books. I plan to go back and add a book at a time as I find a good used price. This will be a series I reread (although I don't know how I will fit anything else in!).

2009 is going to be a wonderful year to read! I already have the first 14 books picked out. Shall we see how long I can stay on track?

If you are interested the books with links for 2008 were:

1 comment:

D Wright said...

Jan Karon invites you to visit her website at www.mitfordbooks.com.
I know you will enjoy the site!