Friday, September 11, 2009

Blog Book Tour--Fools Rush In

by Janice Thompson

Janice Thompson certainly likes her weddings! Yes indeed, she does. The first Thompson wedding tale I read was back in 2007, Gone With the Groom, a wedding mystery with a missing groom. Her suspense filled Christian fiction was full of adventure and mayhem.

But Ms. Thompson really caught one of my weaknesses this time, she knows her Dean Martin. Oh yes indeed, she does! And one of my secret weaknesses is Dean Martin's singing. Dino croons the soundtrack of her latest novel, Fools Rush In: Weddings by Bella. Well...I suppose Ol' Blue Eyes sings a supporting backup, but it's Dean who leads the show.

Really, the story is about the very Itallian Bella Rossi and her search for the perfect country and western deejay. Because, you know, Italians and Texas have a lot in common...ummm, do they? Really? Well, maybe more than you'd think.

Bella has inherited the family business...ahem...the family wedding business, that is, and she intends on making it successful. Can a wedding planner who's never had her own wedding make it big designing others' happily ever after dreams? What about Bella's dreams? Will there ever be a wedding bell in her future? What happens when Bella's East-coast family meets the downhome Texas family of D.J, who may or may not be the deejay she's looking for.

Janice Thompson's quirky characters create madcap situations and manage to rely on the LORD at the same time. They are unapologetically Christian and are always ready to share what the LORD has done for them.

My only complaint with the book? Well, Ms. Thompson didn't work in my all time favorite Dean Martin song--Georgia Sunshine. I suppose given the book is about TEXAS and all I can understand. Book One of the Weddings by Bella series was so fun, I'll be on the lookout for Book Two, Swinging on a Star.

My thanks to Ms. Thompson and Revell Books/Baker Publishing for the great time I had with this fun, fast-paced read. Fools Rush In was just released and is available at your favorite bookseller, from Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing group.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Georgia Sunshine, eh? And I thought I'd covered every popular Dino song! Well, maybe I'll find a way to work it into an upcoming book. I'll give it my best shot anyway!

Thanks SO much for the sweet review. I'm so blessed! I'm also thrilled that you enjoyed the book. (How could you not, being such a Dean Martin fan?!) Just wait till you see what happens in book two. . .and book three! (Both are written. Book two comes out in January; book three six months later.)

Thanks again! Have a blessed weekend!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes how cool is this...to find our Dino croonin' in 'nother new book of fiction...never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth....

If you loves our Dino you will wanna checks out the ol' ilovedinomartin Dinoblog...just clicks on my tagg to goes there....