Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog Book Tour--It Had to Be You

by Janice Thompson

I have several complaints to lodge with Janice Thompson!

1) Reading her books make me want to dance! While I'm reading! I've wanted to boot scoot, do a courtly dance and now...NOW...I'm swingin'! It's hard to read when you're dancing. Seriously!!

2) Reading her books make me hungry!! I want pizza! I want Alfredo! I want Tiramisu!! These books are not good for a gal trying to lose more weight. You'd think with all the dancing I might shed a few pounds, but the food's just too good. I can smell Aunt Rosa's cooking coming off the pages.

3)And my biggest complaint...Is that It Had to Be You is the last installment in the Weddings by Bella series. (Insert a pout and a stomped foot here.) I was really not ready to be done. Sigh...

I fell for Bella Rossi's quirky Italian family a few books back. Specifically when I read Fools Rush In. The food was good, the conversation was loud, and my dearest Dean Martin was always singing in the background. Well...unless Frank Sinatra got in the way. And everyone loved the LORD.

When I read Swinging On a Star I almost hopped on a plane to Galveston to go visit Bella and her clan.

And Ms. Thompson's finale It Had to Be You just made me all the more sure that I had long-lost family somewhere down in Texas.

Bella may have been busy in the first two books, but is she in over her head this time? Aunt Rosa and Uncle Laz have buried the hatchet for good. They are getting married!! Family and friends are coming in for the wedding from as far as Italia! Everyone is thrilled for them. Or is there someone who could ruin this match made in culinary heaven? Will the bride and groom swing off into the sunset?

And what about D.J. Neeley? The hunky carpenter-deejay who swept Bella off her boots. Can he get Bella down their own aisle and into a happily-ever-after of their own?

The timing of this book was perfect for me. There were some life-lessons that almost all of the characters were in need of. I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say I needed to be reminded of what Bella had to learn.

The music in It Had to Be You will take you swinging down the aisle, across the dance floor and off into the sunset. There were many great songs to keep my toes tapping. But I will always associate the Rossi clan with Dean Martin's songs most of all. Here's a favorite:



Thank you, Janice Thompson for such a fun series. I enjoyed Weddings by Bella so much! Thank you Revel/Baker Publishing Group for the copy to review. Thank you Bella and the whole Rossi clan for such a good time.

It Had to Be You is vailable May 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: