Without the love of books the richest man is poor, but endowed with this treasure the poorest man is rich. –Leon Gutterman

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about bookmarks…

What do you use to mark your place while reading? Do you have a definite preference? Do you use bookmarks, paper, or (gasp) turn down the pages? If you use bookmarks, do you have a favourite one?

I actually have a bookmark collection! One of my hobbies is paper-crafting and I have participated in several swaps and so I've got a few really nice bookmarks. I also have a few prayer cards and little pieces of ribbons that I use.

I do have a couple favorites. I have a matching pair someone else made. They have rubber stamped images on black cardstock, a smooth ribbon at the top and a bead with a little weight to hang down over. They seem to stay put really well.

My poor children live with a picky mom. I do not like bending down pages or worse yet laying a book open face down--it breaks the spine!! For their books for school I use little post-it tabs that are really cheap at Wally-World. I will mark a weeks worth of reading that way and there is no chance of a bookmark falling out and a page getting missed.

Musing Mondays is at Just One More Page. Check out what others are musing about!

4 comments:

Beth F said...

You should post a photo of one your homemade bookmarks.

Yvonne said...

I love bookmarks. I'd love to see photos of your homemade ones too!

caite said...

I love those little post-it notes for books I am reviewing too. I can mark a specific line and make little notes on them.

Nise' said...

I like to use sticky notes for pages I want to come back to or makes notes about.