Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand--January

Five Minutes for Books offers the monthly meme--What's On Your Nightstand. I thought that would be a nice one to join. So here's my "nightstand" also known as "scattered around the messy house:"

The Restless Sea (The Morland Dynasty Book 27)
by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. This series is fabulous, thirty books deep so far, covering the history of England. I've learned so much and enjoyed it all the way.

When Mothers Pray by Cheri Fuller. Can you ever pray to much for your children? I don't think so. I've enjoyed re-reading this book. My husband gave this to me when the boys were tiny; I think it's meant more for me this time.

Grim Tuesday (The Keys to the Kingdom Book 2) by Garth Nix. I read Mr. Monday for the Fall into Reading Challenge 2008. I didn't think I would go back for more at the time, but Roo, my oldest has really gotten into the series and I want to be aware of what he is reading. This is in his words, "a bit gratuitous" in the weirdness, but hard to put down, nonetheless.

It's Not the Same without You
by Mitch Finley. This was a "stumble on" from the library. As a Catholic returning to the Church after a long absence, I've been blessed by every page.

The Last of the Mohicans
is sitting there...it's not reading itself, either. I'm having a hard time getting into that. I think it will be the last one I read for the Winter Reading Challenge.

I have been starting my mornings with prayer and reading before I start the computer and it has been a blessing. Morning readings are from:

Abide in My Word
St. Joseph's Daily Prayer Book
But Who Do You Say I Am? by Bishop John A. Marshall
My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

I am participating in the Winter Reading Challenge and the Chunkster Challenge 2009. They are overlapping, so I hope I can finish.

What's on your nightstand?

1 comment:

Nise' said...

My Utmost For His Highest is one of my all time favorite devotions. I have several copies and keep one in the bathroom and one in the car!